Everyone lives life with optimal health.
To quantify impact for the best investment to achieve optimal health.
- Community: The Center is committed to strengthening communities, the places with which people identify and are bound together by a network of influences on one another.
- Cultural Competence: The Center is committed to understanding and interacting effectively with people of different cultures.
- Diversity and Inclusion: The Center is committed to creating an environment of involvement, respect, and connection with people of different ethnicities, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, education, and religion.
- Equity: The Center is committed to providing all people an optimal and just opportunity to be healthy, giving special attention to the needs of those at greatest risk of poor health, based on social conditions.
- Integrity: The Center is committed to maintaining moral and scientific uprightness in all the work we do.
The goal of the Center for Health Metrics and Evaluation is to improve population health by effecting disruptive, visionary change and transformations in systems, environments, and policies through the strategic use of data and evidence.
The Center was created to advance the mission of the American Heart Association, which is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The AHA is working toward improving the cardiovascular health of all Americans by 20 percent, and reducing deaths from cardiovascular diseases and stroke by 20 percent, by the year 2020. Read more about the association’s 2020 strategic goals here.