Our experts share information, perspectives, expertise, and best practices related to research, data, metrics, implementation, and evaluation.
- Fighting Heart Disease, State by State — How the AHA Can HelpMarch 28, 2018Fighting heart disease and stroke means expanding the reach of CVD programs at the state level — and helping officials identify ways to help fund it. The American Heart Association convened experts to develop a guide for state health departments and CVD prevention and control programs to improve […]
- ‘Place’ Matters: Heart Disease and Stroke Less Common Among Foreign-Born Than Native-Born U.S. AdultsMarch 28, 2018Eduardo Sanchez, M.D., M.P.H., Chief Medical Officer for Prevention and Chief of the Centers for Health Metrics and Evaluation, American Heart Association When it comes to heart disease and stroke risk, it’s about “location, location, location.” In a national survey reported today in the Journal of […]
- Forum Inspires Transformation in Heart Disease And Stroke Prevention, TreatmentNovember 30, 2017Patrick Dunn, Ph.D., Senior Program Manager, Center for Health Technology and Innovation, American Heart Association It’s been 10 years since the first iPhone indelibly changed how we communicate. Although a decade is “forever” in the tech world, science tends to move at a slower pace. But if these […]
- AHA, UCLA Celebrate 60 Years of Collaborative Cardiovascular Research ExcellenceNovember 3, 2017The Centers for Health Metrics and Evaluation, a promoter of research collaboration, proudly celebrate the American Heart Association’s six-decade partnership with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Since the AHA provided funding in 1957 to launch the UCLA Cardiovascular Research Lab, its […]
- Fighting Heart Disease, State by State — How the AHA Can Help